Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Woke up to...

Newsarticle

I had a really late night getting up to all sorts of shenanigans in the city last night and then fell out of bed this morning, correction- afternoon, to find that there was an article today in the Technology section of news.com.au about the Ausssie blogs nominated for the 2008 Bloggies, which happens to include this blog. It was actually quite amusing, seeing as I rate myself as one of the least technologically savvy people on the Internet.

This blog is held together through sheer providence and a lot of guesstimation; let's just say if the blog were to manifest itself in the real world, it would be held together with a glue gun and a lot of paddle pop sticks. But it is nice to be mentioned amongst the other illustrious nominees, who run some of the most popular and articulate blogs in the country.

And then I also found out that I had come first place in last month's DMBLGIT hosted by The Food Traveller. The photo is of grapefruit soufflés that I baked in its own skins. The recipe is here is you are interested.

Wow, I am definitely feeling the love right now and I'm hoping it won't come back to bite me in the you know what. All I can say is that I appreciate all the applause and certainly hope I won't turn into a one trick pony and will endeavour to keep the blog looking pretty and sounding fresh for you all.

DMBLIGT 2008

Click here to see the other winners.

20 comments:

bakeorbreak said...

Congratulations, Jen, on both counts!

FrancescoP said...

Same from me.
I admit the day you sent in that wonderful photo I decided to try my first souffle (see http://www.thefoodtraveller.com/blog/2008/01/scallops-and-basil-souffle.html)! So, I was happy to see the judges marking your pic well as well!

archana said...

Congratulations ! Congratulations again !

Peabody said...

Well deserved..and I should know I was a DMBLGIT judge. :)

hungryandfrozen said...

Wow, congratulations - what an exciting thing to happen to you!! Gorgeous photos, as ever.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :) You deserve it!!

Karolina Beaudet said...

Congratulations, your blog really deserves that, all the texts, pictures and recipes here are truly awesome!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It looks as though congratulations are in order :) Isn't it wonderful to have your achievements recognized!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win! Your blog looks very good in that! :)

Audrey said...

Congrats!!

Audrey said...

Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You deserve the recognition - I love your blog!

Komarka said...

Congratulation Jen! I love Your blog and visit it very often. You absolutely deserve it! Greetings from Poland :)

Pannifer's said...

You have such a gorgeous blog, you deserve the recognition!

OohLookBel said...

You have one of the best-looking blogs around, so this recognition is well-deserved. Goodonya!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Congratulations. Well-deserved on both counts :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, though I'm not at all surprised. Every time I visit this blog I risk short-circuiting my keyboard by drooling all over it. Such a great blog, with beautiful pics to match.

Anonymous said...

congratulations jen! wow, you deserve it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! time to pop the cork!

Robert Levy said...

Congratulations, I can't stop looking at these wonderful pics. It makes me hungry everytime I visit.