Monday, October 01, 2007

Insipred, At Last

Strawberry Custard Tart

After a short hiatus from baking and blogging, I have finally found the inspiration to pick up the wooden spoon once again and get back into the groove. It was only fitting that this luscious Strawberry Brulee tart from Bourke St. Bakery in Surry Hills would be just the thing to shake off all that blah that I found myself in. Not to mention the trip we took to the Hunter Valley for a wedding- who doesn't love a good excuse to go away to the country?

Besides going away on our short-lived road trip, I've been keeping myself busy working on other projects, but now that I've given myself sufficient respite from the kitchen I am ready and raring to get in there and get my oven mitts back on. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, or should I say the stomach?

And it's great to see that you all didn't stay away from the blog while I was gone...

Take a break

Pictures from our weekend in the Hunter Valley coming soon.

18 comments:

Julia said...

Isn't it just the most wonderful tart? I waxed lyrical about it a few weeks ago - I want to try the others but find it hard to go past this one every time...

Truffle said...

Custard tarts are a longstanding favourite of mine so I just know I'll love this. Looks gorgeous!

marias23 said...

That tart looks so good! I wish I could taste it!

Pete said...

Good to have you back :) My foodie world has been bleaker without you, love your work!

Blue Zebra said...

Jen what a beautiful tart and such inspiration! We call these creme brulee tarts here in the US. And oh my. Creme brulee is my ultimate favorite and is only tested by tirimisu!

Glad you are back at the baking and posting!!

Caty said...

Glad to see you back! The tart looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. Sometimes we create create create and then our brain just kicks up and says,"I need a break now" and what can we do but put the kettle on and take a little tea break from the world. Welcome back!

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Welcome back! Glad you're feeling inspired again!

Anonymous said...

Tout simplement beau ton blog. Bonjour de France. Strasbourg

Amy said...

Oh my that tart looks delicious!

Gloria Baker said...

I think we miss you, I come to the blog and I hope you some day return. So nice pictures and the strawberries custard look delicious. Glad see you again-xxxGloria

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenjen! Oh, my! I wish you lived closer to me!!!

Anonymous said...

marias23 said she wishes she could taste it -- i wish i could have a recipe for it!! looks fresh and wonderful. i can just imagine it in my new rectangular pie tray :-)

Meri said...

so pleased you are blogging again and cooking!!! I love to cook too but you are very inspiring, especially your photos. This tart look delicious, iso want a receipe for this!!Meri

Michèle said...

Well I am glad you are back because I've only recently discovered your blog and am completely hooked on it already. Although I definitely understand the need for a break--I took a 4 month long one! but it was just what I need to reenergize. Oh, and the tart looks beautiful ;)

Linda said...

Welcome back Jen! I've missed your stories and photos!

Helene said...

Gorgoeus! Simply just that...I it tasted incredible too!

yublocka said...

How good does that tart look! I've only just discovered Bourke St bakery myself (the Mascot and Broadway branches), but have managed to resist anything other than sandwches and coffee so far. But when (not if) I cave, it may well be for this tart!!