Friday, June 30, 2006

Fortune Cookie My Foot

You Are a Fortune Cookie

You're a rather normal person, except that you have extraordinary luck in life.
People want to be around you (even when they're a little sick of you), in hopes of being lucky too!

I did this test to determine what kind of cookie I was, as I thought it would be quite intriguing to discover which one I would be. Trivial as it may sound, I felt I had some sort of vested interest in uncovering this tidbit of information seeing as it related to my blog’s namesake.

I considered maybe I would be a choc chip cookie, modest and agreeable, or perhaps even better a macaroon, lush and indulgent. In any case the outcome wasn't as favourable as I would have thought, actually it was rather amusing. The caption explaining my result first read like an encouraging note; and yes I do consider myself quite blessed and lucky, generally life is sweet. Then it went on to say, and I paraphrase- people are sick of me, although want to be around me because they think my good luck might rub off on them.

Well all I have to say is that I am no laughing Buddha sitting cross-legged on your lounge room floor waiting for my stomach to rubbed for good luck. Unfortunately, I don’t dispense any good fortune, just baked goods and a smile. And to top off the insult, I was a fortune cookie, now this is both coincidental and hilarious as that I am in fact Asian. Don’t worry I haven’t found it condescending I am laughing it off, just like the Buddha.

Try out the test, it’s cheap and petty fun and if you want, let me know your results.

14 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

ooh I'm going to do this survey right now.. we'll see what I am : )

Teddy

funwithyourfood said...

well it said oatmeal raisin. But I reaaallly don't like those cookies.. that is weird!

Teddy

Vintage Wine said...

Oh, this was fun :-) I`m an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie: On the surface, you're a little plain - but you have many subtle dimensions to your personality.
Sometimes you're down to earth and crunchy. Other times, you're sweet and a little gooey.

I think that`s kind of close to the truth.

Raquel said...

hey! I´m a chocolate cookie!!! "Traditional and conservative, most people find you comforting.You're friendly and easy to get to know. This makes you very popular - without even trying!" :)

Wandering Coyote said...

Jenjen, Thanks for visiting ReTorte. I won't be posting for a while because I'm in hospital (the "spa") but hopefully I'll be back up in a few weeks. I appreciate your leaving a comment.

Helene said...

That was interesting...I am a jam cookie: On the outside, you project a straight-laced, innocent vibe.
But on the inside, you're complex, exotic, and full of flavor.

Cindy said...

Hey, I'm a chocolate chip cookie (Traditional and conservative, most people find you comforting.
You're friendly and easy to get to know. This makes you very popular - without even trying!). I didn't expect to be that kind of cookie but well...

Anonymous said...

lol im a fortune cookie too! w00t we're cookie sisters haha

Ed Tep said...

I'm a jam cookie like Helene. Complex. Exotic. Yup, definitely me.

Crystal said...

Sorry JenJen, I'm a chocolate chip cookie ;) I guess that describes me correctly although I wouldn't say I'm very traditional. I follow some rules, but in life I kinda do my own thing. Hmmm...

-Crystal

Ian said...

How cool is that? Greetings from a Chocolate Chip Cookie! :-{>

Jen said...

It's so fun hearing what everyone elses results were, im glad most of you agreed with it!!

You might have noticed the site also had tests for other things, like what fruit are you, or something of the like. You could be doing tests for hours!
It's one way to kill time!!

Anonymous said...

I too was a fortune cookie. I am not terribly lucky, but I suppose compared to all of the other people in the world I am in the mere 1% of the population with internet access -not to mention clean water shelter etc.- So I have nothing to complain about.

As for the bit about people tolerating me only because I am lucky..........Well I'd like to think that isn't true ;)

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.